Cancer cells can develop in any man’s body. No matter how great you feel or how healthy you look, cancer can still strike, changing your life forever. Men are especially prone to prostate, lung, and testicular cancer. This article will give you some practical ways to avoid cancer and stay healthy.
Top 10 Ways to Avoid Cancer
1. Eat the Right Diet
If you want to keep your healthy cells from turning into cancer cells, it’s important to start by eating the right diet. This means, limiting your intake of processed and fast foods, and seriously increasing your intake of whole foods. Think organic meats, poultry, and fish as well as plenty of vegetables and fruit. Special cancer-fighting foods to include in your arsenal include:
- Broccoli – Study after study has proven that broccoli is one of the top cancer-fighting foods. A chemical compound called sulforaphane inhibits tumor growth and cancer enzymes.
- Garlic – Garlic is a powerful antifungal and potent immune-system booster. It has been shown to be especially beneficial in the prevention of gastric cancer.
- Turmeric – Turmeric not only inhibits cancer cells, it also promotes healthy cell function. Clinical research suggests turmeric has a therapeutic effect on patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Cayenne – A 26-year-old man with colon cancer had surgery but refused chemotherapy and now…he’s cancer-free. How? Healthy eating with the inclusion of cayenne pepper! Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, the active compound that causes that burning sensation you feel when you eat it. It also causes apoptosis, or premature cell death of cancer cells!
- Tomatoes – For men who are concerned about prostate cancer, tomatoes contain high amounts of lycopene, which can shrink prostate tissue.
2. Start Juicing
Very few men get the recommended daily serving of vegetables per day. (Which is 6-8 servings, by the way.) Because of this, many of us are malnourished even when our stomachs are full. Plus, undiagnosed food allergies and poor diets leave our guts unable to fully process the healthy food we eat. This is where juicing comes in. For less than $60, you can pick up a juicer and start turning spinach, carrots, cucumbers, anise, celery, tomatoes, etc. into nutrient-rich, easy-to-process juice that eradicates cancer cells before they can even get started!
3. Get Rid of Your Microwave
If you do a lot of cooking or reheating in the microwave, congratulations, you’re just like most guys! The problem with this is you’re also putting yourself at some serious risk for cancer. Why? Your microwave destroys the nutrients in your food with unnatural, high-frequency heating. Try this instead: If you need to reheat food, put it in a pot and cook it over the stove or reheat it in the toaster oven. You’ll be amazed at your soaring energy levels when you get rid of your microwave.
Cancer loves fat cells. This is why it’s very important for men to get regular exercise. Exercise also helps boost the immune system, which can keep those cancer cells from forming.
Stress can be a silent killer because it slowly depletes your immune system and your body’s defenses. Stress can act as a carcinogen (cancer-causing agent) so it’s important to get it under control before it gets you. Each day, find some time to relax by getting into a hobby or taking some time for meditation.
6. Trade Your Coffee in for Green Tea
A cup of coffee may help you wake up in the morning but green tea may be better for your health. Widely used as medicine in Eastern cultures, green tea contains polyphenols, which have antioxidant properties to ward of the development of cancer cells.
7. Use Natural Skin and Hair Care Products
Have you ever looked at the ingredients in your favorite shampoo or skin lotion? You’ll be amazed at how many dangerous chemicals they contain. These chemicals include carcinogens such as phthalates, petrochemicals, and sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate. They may cost a bit more but investing in some natural skin and hair care products may actually prevent the development of cancer.
8. Quit Smoking
Smoking is a leading cause of lung cancer. If you want to prevent lung cancer, quit smoking. It’s really that simple, guys.
9. Cut Down on Alcoholic Drinks
A drink or two won’t hurt you. There’s even some evidence that indulging in a daily glass of red wine may even prevent cancer. However, if you drink to excess, you’re only increasing your chances of developing liver, pancreatic, and .
10. Drink More Water
Believe it or not, drinking water does more than make your body feel energized and your skin look great. It may actually prevent cancer cells from developing in your body. When your cells are dehydrated, they have a hard time fighting harmful carcinogens. Drinking more water can also prevent stomach and colon cancer by flushing toxins from your body more quickly and ensuring more regular bowel movements.
Cancer is a scary word for anybody to hear associated with their name. If you’re to avoid cancer, you have to understand how you might be contributing to its development. This way, you can always take charge of your health.